- Stocktwits: "investor say the bottom is in for gold"
- Hey, wait a minute. Didn't StockBuz say watch for a gold (GLD) weekly right shoulder to form back in March and early April? Even posting on the gold miners here. We're ahead of the herd once again......maybe. (click image to enlarge) At least risk is minimal; stop below $120
- SINA pre-announced an earnings beat but also announced it has received two notices from Chinese regulators stating its "License for Online Transmission of Audio-Visual Programs would be revoked due to certain unhealthy and indecent content from third-parties or by users" on Sina.com and its affiliated online literature site. Ouch!
- JPMorgan becomes the first to warn on trading revenues in Q2, expecting markets revenue to slip 20% after declining 17% in Q1.
- AAPL wins a Federal jury decision again Samsung on smart phone patients but it's a victory for Samsung with less than 10% sought, actually being awarded ($120m vs. $2bil). The jury rejected Apple’s claim on the patent that enables updating of applications while other features of the phone are in use. Apple also lost its claim over a patent that allows a user to perform a universal search for information with a single click. One would think Federal jury's are tired of all the lawsuits.
- HSBC says offshore wind power is set to grow six-fold by 2020, benefiting turbine makers including Vestas Wind Systems (VWDRY, VWSYF) and Gamesa Tecnologica (GCTAF). I'm sure the Koch brothers will push for a surcharge on those as well. (Oklahoma recently approved a surcharge for solar users) Puhlease.